the bottom drawer
recollections, photos and memorabilia of Leyton and Leytonstone
Denmark Street was first occupied some time in 1870 or 1871, and ran between the High Road at Harrow Green by the Plough & Harrow pub to Holloway Road. It was demolished in 1966 in the construction of the Cathall Council housing estate.
Coronation Street Party in Denmark Street 1953
Photo provided by Gloria Brockwell