Residents celebrate on 30th August 1919 negotiation of the peace treaty after the
Great War (which later had to be renamed the First World War)
Chichester Road was first occupied some time around 1887 or 1888. The inspiration
for the street name is not known. It was developed by the Manby-Colegrave family
who owned the Cann Hall property estate, originally in the parish of Wanstead but
later transferred to the Leyton local authority area.