the bottom drawer
recollections, photos and memorabilia of Leyton and Leytonstone
Dyers Hall Road
Photo of VE Day party. Dyers Hall Road was in an angle where the London Midland railway line (viaduct in the background) crossed over the line between Liverpool Street and Epping from which sidings spread out towards Grove Green Road (signals and telegraph post).
Photo supplied by Alex Wilkinson
In the 18th century this area was part of a plant nursery with an entrance on Leytonstone High Road. John Peck donated the land to fund four homes for widows of Dyers Company members who had lived in Bethnal Green. Terraced houses were built along Dyers Hall Road from some time between 1895 and 1901.