. > ...
the history of Leyton and Leytonstone
from . dot to … dots – with plenty of spaces
The barony of de Valognes passed to three women in 1235 and soon its land in Leyton was held by a de Bumpstead family, a situation lasting until about 1331. Around the middle of the 13th century there existed a wood named after rooks and a house named after the wood. This was the manor of Ruckholt. The manor of Leyton, later to be known as the Grange, seems to have been held by the Corbutio family until about 1200.