the bottom drawer

the bottom drawer

Up. Ashville Road. Chichester Road 1919. Connaught Road. Denmark St. Dyers Hall Road. Ellingham Road. Grove Green Road. Harvey Road. HighRd Bakers Arms. HighRoad Midland. Holloway Rd. Kingston Road 1951. Lancaster Road. Poppleton Road. Rhodesia Road. Staffa Road. Whipps Cross Road. Wood Street.

Visit the main website of Leyton & Leytonstone Historical Society

. > ...

History of Leyton

recollections, photos and memorabilia of Leyton and Leytonstone

recollections, photos and memorabilia of Leyton and Leytonstone

Bonfire in Cheneys Road on Armistice Day 11th November 1918

Photo supplied by Cann Hall Baptist Church

More about the Cheneys Road area

next page next page

Cheneys Road

Leytonstone

Cheneys Road WW1 armistice bonfire

Cheneys Road was first occupied some time around 1887  or 1888.  The inspiration for the street name is not known.  It was developed by the Manby-Colegrave family who owned the Cann Hall property estate, originally in the parish of Wanstead but later transferred to the Leyton local authority area.