the bottom drawer
recollections, photos and memorabilia of Leyton and Leytonstone
VE Party in Wood Street 1945
Photo provided by Gloria Brockwell
Wood Street was a cul-de-sac off Holloway Road to near the back of the Plough & Harrow pub at Harrow Green. It was first occupied some time between 1861 and 1871. It was demolished about 1963 in the construction of the Cathall Council housing estate.